Nutrition and Health
Meal Plan and Recipes
Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
Here's what you need...
- 5 organic bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- dash of salt and pepper
- 20 oz organic ground turkey, 9% fat free
- 1 organic tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add a pinch of salt. Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds. Place in the boiling water, using a spoon to keep them submerged for 3 minutes or until the skin is slightly softened. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the oil on medium. Add the garlic, basil, onion, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the onions begin to soften. Add the ground turkey and continue to heat until the meat is browned. Add the tomato and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Pour the spaghetti sauce into the turkey mixture and mix well. Add the cheese and mix until well combined.
- Stuff each prepared bell pepper with the turkey mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the bell peppers are tender.
Tuna Melt Patties
Here's what you need....
- 6 oz can of albacore tuna (in water), drained and flaked
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tablespoons oatmeal
- 2 Tablespoons diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons low-fat shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend all of the ingredients (not the cheese) in a bowl. Pre-heat a frying pan and coat with cooking spray. Form two patties.
- Cook one side until brown and then turn. When the second side is nearly done, sprinkle cheese over it.